China Visa Hong Kong
- Take the lift/elevator upstairs, visa processing is on the 3rd floor. Toilets located there too.
- Fill out the visa form available on the right wall if you have not already done so. Also bring copies of everything. Your HKID, passport details page, current HK visa, anything else you think might be relevant. Otherwise they will make you copy them for $1 HKD each and there’s lines to use those machines too. You can get change at the front window if needed, but I suggest bringing change.
- Once forms are fully completed, hand them to the clerk standing by the window who will check whether you filled it completely, at that point only will he provide you a ticket with queue number.
- Wait, probably a long time and hand the forms to the processing agent when your number is called. I suggest bringing a book or iPad to watch a movie.
- Submit documents to the clerk. Clerks usually are not particularly friendly so I’d suggest just having everything easily ready so they don’t get pissed off and you can minimize any disputes with them. I learned from experience there’s no point arguing, they’re sticklers for whatever they say even if it makes no sense. You could always try to get another number and try your luck with another clerk. (One clerk told me I couldn’t get a new visa because my old one fell out, due to crappy Chinese glue apparently, and had to get a brand new passport. I’ve since gotten two China visas in the same original passport.)
- If all is ok, they’ll tell you what visa you’re eligible for and provide you a receipt. Pick-up is in 4 business days, including day of submission. (e.g. Monday submit is a Thursday pickup.) You pay the visa fee at pick-up.
You might also like
Personalized Women Hong Kong Calling (+852) T Shirt Medium Offer
Women Hong Kong Calling (+852) Custom T Shirts Medium For Your Choice