Hong Kong Style Wonton Soup
- 200g cabbage
- 100g minced pork
- 30 sheets of wonton wrapper
- corn starch paste (corn starch : water = 1:1)
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- a pince of white pepper
- Or, simply use broth-based soup like chicken stock
- Seasonings for Filling
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
1) Blanch cabbage in boiling water until soft. Dish up, allow it to cool and squeeze excess water. Finely chopped cabbbage and mixed it with minced pork. Add seasonings for filling.
2) Place about 1 full teaspoon of filling in centre of the wrapper. Slightly paste the inside edges of wrapper with corn starch paste. Fold it in half, seal edges. Drag the lower right and left corners together and also seal them together with the paste. Repeat for the remaining wontons.
3) Boil 8 cups of water and carefully add in all wontons. Try gently stir the water while putting in wontons to avoid them sticking together. Cook wontons over medium heat for another 5-6 minutes.
4) Dish up wontons from water and put them in boiled hot soup.
When wontons float top during boiling, it means they are cooked. Suggest to cook for another ~1 minute to make sure the pork is well done.
You might also like
Hong Kong SAR Regional's coat of arm Vinyl decal Wall Car Laptop, 48inch
Home (Frankies Cajun Customs)
I'd Rather Be in Kowloon Hong Kong (SAR) City Long Sleeve T-Shirt Tee Top Black XL
Welians iPhone Case OceonPafkHomgKomg Sar Hong Kong Ocean Park Www Giantpandazoo Com iPhone 5/5S case