Hong Kong Football Club
Home: Hong Kong Football Club, 3 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Football Club draw the majority of their squad from the club’s first team, who were again set for another high finish in this season’s second-tier First Division, having finished third in 2013/14. Paul Foster will coach the side this time, having succeeded Tony Sealy as first-team boss for the 2014/15 season.
Last year’s highlight was beating a young team from 2013 Asian champions Guangzhou Evergrande 2-1 in Group A in-between losses to Newcastle United and HKFA U-23. However, their Sunday again ended early in the Plate quarters when they lost 1-0 to fellow amateurs Singapore Cricket Club, a year after losing to the same team at the same stage, going down on penalties following a 1-1 draw.
However, it was a Soccer Sevens to remember in 2012, when they broke a sequence of early exits by reaching the Plate final for the first time since 2005.
Having narrowly lost group-stage clashes with Aston Villa (2-1) and Newcastle United (1-0), the two eventual Cup finalists, they knocked out sister side HKFC Captain’s Select during a run to the Plate final, where they lost 3-0 to West Ham.
The club’s first team have previously been the only amateur side to compete in Hong Kong’s professional First Division, renamed the Premier League for 2014/15.
- MANAGEMENT -
- Paul Foster - Coach
- PLAYERS -
- 1. Freddie Toomer (Colts) - Goalkeeper
- 2. Sebastian Fiedler (HKFC) - Defender
- 3. Robert Scott (HKFC) - Defender
- 4. Andrew Wylde (Wanderers) - Defender
- 5. Scott Hooper (Lucky Mile) - Midfielder
- 6. Andreas Thorsen (Colts) - Midfielder
- 7. Jordon Brown (HKFC) - Midfielder
- 8. Thomas Halder (HKFC) - Midfielder
- 9. Michael Hampshire (HKFC) - Forward
- 10. Ryan Quinn (Colts) - Forward