Hong Kong Cinemagic
Happy Lunar New Year! This photo is from last year, but Stephy Tang wants to wish you a great Year of the
“This year, I want to play a smart person!”
She can do it! You go, Stephy!
Anyway, there’s a lot coming up for Hong Kong movies and LoveHKFilm.com this year, but we’ll start by partying like it’s 1999. Late last year, we completed a reader vote for the Top 50 Hong Kong Films of the Aughts. Even though it’s only February 2010, we’re going to be running yet another reader vote.
“Really, again? Can’t you try
something a little more original?”
We pretty much like to run things into the ground around here. Sorry, Fiona.
In the second of LoveHKFilm.com’s intermittent, poorly scheduled reader votes we’re asking for site readers to help select the Top 50 Hong Kong Films of the Nineties. By readers, we mean everyone: teenagers, sixty year-old retirees, single mothers, agoraphobic technophiles, and even Donnie Yen. You all have an equal say.
“You’re going to vote for all my movies, right?
Don’t forget about COME FLY THE DRAGON!”
We’ll run this vote in a much more relaxed fashion than the last one, as timeliness is not an issue. It’s not like the nineties are going anywhere. To participate, please follow these handy rules:
- Use the LoveHKFilm.com Contact Form to send a list of your top films from the years 1990-1999.
- You may list either 10 or 20 films* on your vote, and order them with #1 being the top-rated film and #10 or #20 being at back of the pack.
- Please print in the subject line of your email “TOP 90s MOVIES”.
- It’s optional, but you can write a few sentences or words about your faves. We may end up using them when the results are published.
- Send in your votes by end of day on February 28th. I’m not pushing the whole GMT, PST, EST thing so there’s some leeway. As long as I don’t get your vote on March 2nd, you’l be fine.
*The big asterisk is here to explain why we’re letting you rank 10 or 20 films for your list. Simply put, a ton of movies came out during the nineties, and people may want to list more than just 10. If that’s your deal, go ahead and list 20.
Cinemagic Depot Non-slip Front Shoe Pads
Health and Beauty (Cinemagic Depot)